- 501c3 Non-profit
- Meals Provided
- Female Led
- Integration Provided
- Dieta Enforced
- Coed Ceremonies
- Female only
Our Current Schedule is as follows:
- June 16th-18th – Upstate NY (ONE spot left!)
- Other NEW YORK Dates in June & July (Waitlist)
- More AZ dates coming soon
More dates for Arizona will be posted for August and beyond as soon as possible!
Please e-mail us to sign up or get more information.
Our mission is to provide a safe, honest and sincere space for people of all walks of life to come and heal. We believe in the combined power of plant medicine, community and emotional vulnerability. These key elements are the fertile soil for beautiful transformation to occur in our lives!
Maharani Medicine Circles first opened its doors in 2018– since then, we have served over 75 retreat weekends. We are proud to be a culturally diverse hub for seekers of all sorts. We are honored to be of service to anyone with a desire to grow, learn and heal regardless of background, age or creed.
Here are some things that set us apart from other groups:
- Our groups are ALWAYS intimate & small. We will never serve a group larger than ten people. This fosters a sense of community between participants & staff, creating a safe, familial atmosphere.
- We keep a supportive staff-to-participant ratio so we can all feel fully supported in this intense journey. We strive to have 3-4 facilitators on board in addition to our Medicine Woman. Our team members are humble volunteers with ample personal experience with plant medicine. Each facilitator brings their own unique flair to retreats 🙂
- Our medicine is brewed “in house”, sourcing high quality materials from sustainable sources from Central America. We brew one jar at a time, prepped especially for each upcoming retreat <3
- We place a strong emphasis on Integration. Integration means applying the lessons learned during ceremony to everyday life. Integration is what separates recreational use of medicines from ceremonial & intentional use! It is very important we honor ourselves and our medicines in this way. We offer multiple integration circles during the weekend and also provide supportive resources for our participants when they go home.
- Our Plantswoman has been blessed with immense musical gifts that activate and amplify our Medicine. Most specifically, our participants often laud her voice as one of the highlights of the experience. Many Plant Medicine traditions suggest that music is the vessel which carries the ceremonial energy. The music harmonizes with the medicine and serves as a “Lighthouse” that helps each participant navigate their internal shadows & light alike. The music serves as a compass to bring us back our hearts. Whether it be the mysterious sound of the steel drum, the call of the flute or powerful icaros (medicine songs), we are confident these voices will sing you home.
- We are officially a non-profit & church as of this year! Spirituality is very important to us, but we will never be dogmatic or pushy about these beliefs. While our ceremonies are spiritually based, they are very universalist as well. Folks with secular beliefs will not have issues connecting to the ceremony experience.
Above all else, we strive to “keep it real”. It can feel extremely overwhelming to find the right practitioner, modality or healing space when we live in such a fast-paced world. We are happy to provide a simple, organic and humble space where you can just be yourself. We believe that everyone is a student in this space— we are all learning from one another at all times! We hope you will join us in this incredible opportunity to unravel & remember who we truly are.
Our Retreats are for you if…
You are looking for a retreat that is not overwhelming in size.
- You are seeking a supportive community to connect with in the long-term– Whether it be for integration, friendship, spirituality or medicinal purposes!
You are unable to travel to South America or commit to a longer term retreat.
You are ready to commit to four weeks of Dieta- the physical and mental cleansing that prepares us for ceremony.
- You feel a profound urge to become a better human, work on trauma, process challenging emotions, foster a deeper connection with Nature or expand your relationship with Spirit/Source/The Universe.
We are a “mobile ministry”. This means that we split our time between Upstate New York and the high desert of Arizona. We feel the call to be in service to both sides of this country. We also hope to someday soon travel to other states and offer our retreats in more locations.
In Arizona, we are hosted by community members on their properties. For our New York offerings, we have a beautiful property in the woods that we hold our retreats in. Because we host small retreats, we don’t have the need to have a large retreat center. This means that our accommodations are humble and communally shared.
Our website is currently under construction but will be posted here soon! If you’d like to hear some music from our ceremonies, please check us out here:
Please message us if you’d like more information about our retreats or upcoming schedule. We are always available to talk about this work if you have any questions. Thanks so much for reading and many blessings!
Our vision is to become real, present, focused, humble, vulnerable, clear, clean, compassionate, responsible and unconditionally loving persons by coming into oneness with The Spirit and Mother Earth through prayer, meditation, music and CommUnity with the firm foundational support of our ancestors and their medicines.
In a world shrouded by illusion, our medicine circles burst through the shadows as a shining light that comes from each of our hearts. We draw upon the guidance of the sacred plant teachers to shed hardened layers around our heart built by the difficulty of life.
Through dance and song, we shatter resistance keeping us from a righteous, true and all pervading Spiritual Relationship with life. This ancient Amazonian Medicine combined with spontaneous communal celebration yields profound healing for our selves, others and our planet.
Our Medicine Circle strongly believes in the Great Spirit that lives within our Hearts and all living creatures. This Spirit is alive, deeply caring and calls us to come into union with Him/She/It. We embrace all religions and creeds. We believe that all roads lead to the same One, Loving and EverPresent Being.
1 Review on “Maharani Medicine Circles”
Maharani Medicine Circles was my first introduction into the intentional medicine space, and I sit here writing this both humbled and inspired. Never have I witnessed such dedication and precision in bringing a vision to life. Eliana and the facilitators stand with presence and acceptance ~ providing a place of safety where no one that comes is a stranger. The way the medicine is carried through song, prayer, and honest communion and the emphasis that is put on integrating afterwards, speaks magnitudes to the respect and integrity that is at the core of this work.
I am forever grateful for being a part of and witnessing the healing and connection that happens here. For remembering the Spirit that resides within. And for knowing I am never alone in my pain and joy.
Thank you MMC <3
If you have the chance and feel the calling, take the plunge! Your soul will thank you.